It’s been 10 years since we started this work, and because of your generosity, we’ve been able to do some amazing things. Here’s 10 reasons to celebrate Mozambique Orphanage Fund!!
- In 2009, MOF was founded by a group of individuals and churches who wanted to make a difference in the lives of orphans and vulnerable children. Partnering with the United Methodist Church of Mozambique, our small but mighty organization was born!
- Since the founding of our organization, we have supported roughly 60 children annually at the Carolyn Belshe Orphanage (CBO). Because of your generosity, we are able to cover roughly 50% of the operating budget at CBO, which pays for food, clothes, housing, and education costs.
- MOF provided emergency funding for food supplies after January floods wiped out crops planted in late 2012. This helped to feed the children and caretakers in order for them to survive and thrive amidst the devastation.
- MOF gained IRS approval as a 501(c)3 nonprofit public charity in 2014 and we were able to expand our services. This status makes us eligible for grant funding and allows us to offer tax exemption to donors.
- Agricultural projects, raising livestock, and building bread ovens help to promote the sustainability of CBO. We’ve been able to support these projects throughout the years. Funding these types of projects not only provides food for the children, but these projects also teach skills and help create an ongoing, sustainable resource for the orphanage.
- MOF has supported an Early Childhood Learning Program that fosters learning and education among our most vulnerable children.
- As our organization grew, we were able to begin supporting orphans at a second orphanage called Dondo, located in northern Mozambique. Dondo is a suburb of the city of Beira, which is a bustling transportation hub. Because this is a busy port city, HIV/AIDS is common and there are many orphans. Dondo Orphanage opened its doors to care for these children in 2018 with the help of MOF funds.
- Due to our growth, MOF hired its first employee in 2019. Sarah Bollinger serves as the part-time executive director overseeing our development, daily operations, and relationships in Mozambique.
- Currently we support roughly 24 children at the Dondo Orphanage each year, many of whom have HIV/AIDS themselves. We are able to provide medical care for these children through your support.
- After Tropical Cyclone Idai hit northern Mozambique earlier this year, MOF provided emergency funds to repair roofs and provide food and shelter at the Dondo Orphanage.
And one to grow on – Our biggest reason to celebrate is YOU. Because of YOU we have been able to do this amazing, life-changing work. Thank you for an amazing 10 years!
A donation of just $10 helps to ensure that this work will continue. Here’s to 10 more years!